Rejoice, tennis fans! 2015’s final Grand Slam is here, and Twitter is once again your source over the next two weeks for all things #usopen. Follow the official @usopen account to catch every serve, lob, and match point from the tournament’s 135th edition.
The #usopen attracts athletes and famous fans, in addition to the best tennis players in the world.
Just like the successful 2014 tournament, this year’s event will feature a Twitter Mirror on site to capture exclusive player and celebrity photos, GIFs, and videos throughout the event from @usopen.
As the field narrows, Twitter will also provide exclusive insight to the tournament with players on site. Periscope will be on the scene as well, with celebs and stars like Serena Williams documenting their experiences. Just follow @usopen and look for impromptu player Q&As and Periscope broadcasts.
You can find the best players at the 2015 US Open on Twitter, featuring a majority of the top 10 seeded men’s and women’s singles players.
Here are the top-seeded accounts and their follower numbers:
- Novak Djokovic (@DjokerNole) — 4.6 million followers
- Roger Federer (@rogerfederer) — 3.5 million followers
- Andy Murray (@andy_murray) — 2.7 million followers
- Kei Nishikora (@keinishikori) — 125,000 followers
- Stanislas Wawrinka (@stanwawrinka) — 329,000 followers
- Tomas Berdych (@tomasberdych) — 112,000 followers
- David Ferrer (@DavidFerrer87) — 750,000 followers
- Rafael Nadal (@RafaelNadal) — 8.4 million followers
- Marin Cilic (@cilic_marin) — 58,200 followers
- Milos Raonic (@milosraonic) — 174,000 followers
- Serena Williams (@serenawilliams) — 5.2 million followers
- Simona Halep (@Simona_Halep) — 23,300 followers
- Caroline Wozniacki (@CaroWozniacki) — 923,000 followers
- Petra Kvitova (@Petra_Kvitova) — 258,000 followers
- Lucie Safarova (@luciesafarova) — 22,500 followers
- Ana Ivanovic (@AnaIvanovic) — 596,000 followers
- Karolina Pliskova (@KaPliskova) — 11,200 followers
- Garbiñe Muguruza (@GarbiMuguruza) — 96,800 followers
- Carla Suarez Navarro (@CarlaSuarezNava) — 22,200 followers
- Angelique Kerber (@AngeliqueKerber) — 132,000 followers
Find and follow all tennis players here.
A series of artistic and comedic Vine influencers will be creating content throughout the two weeks, all with very different 6-second takes on the event. The Vines will be shared through @usopen’s Twitter & Vine accounts and a combination of influencers as well.
Never miss a highlight
Mercedes Benz (@MBUSA) and Chase (@Chase) have teamed up with the USTA to “serve” users with high-profile highlights throughout the #usopen. Follow @usopen handle to see the best highlights as they happen.
The #usopen will undoubtedly provide an exciting conclusion to the 2015 Grand Slam season, and following the action on Twitter ensures you won’t miss a single moment. So engage throughout the tournament with other tennis fans and enjoy American tennis’ main event. Be sure to use the official hashtag of the tournament (#usopen) to join the conversation and access content exclusively on Twitter.